1-Year Post-Graduate Programme
educational background needed to attend this programme
The 1-Year Post-Graduate Programme is designed for dancers with backgrounds such as:
- Dancers who recently finished their professional dance education (Diploma or Bachelor degree) and are looking for performance experience, career guidance and solid audition preparation.
- A professional dance education from outside the EU and wishing to investigate in and audition for the European companies and choreographers.
- A ballet education and wishing to specialise in contemporary dance in order to audition for neoclassical and contemporary companies.
- If you have extraordinary skills and massive training behind you and need the final guidance and help auditioning for companies and freelance choreographers, you are welcome to audition for the 2nd or the 3rd year of the Diploma Programme.
What does the programme offer?
The Programme is an individual specialisation and optimisation of your future professional dance career. The essence of the Programme is personal coaching, audition preparation, networking, career guidance and targeting your technical and artistic skills for the specific job situations that you are planning for in the future.
This programme is specially designed for unquestionably dedicated dancers with high ambitions to expand their skills and boost their career opportunities.
From the 1-Year Post-Graduate Programme you have the possibility to:
- Optimize your artistic and technical skills further.
- Work on your personal branding: SoMe, webpage etc.
- Develop solo work for audition purpose.
- Record solo work for audition purpose or any other application and PR purpose.
- Record partnering work.
- Gain performance experience.
- To network with choreographers, dancers, teachers and producers.
The 2 different Post-Graduate Programmes share the same core. Beside the difference in length of the programmes the biggest difference is the fact that the 1-Year Post-Graduate Programme include extensive performance experience at different locations and therefor emphasise a performance coaching profile.
The 1-Year Post-Graduate Programme students have a chance to be part of Copenhagen International Dance Festival every Spring; this includes taking part in masterclasses and in public performances by renowned choreographers. To read more about Copenhagen International Dance Festival please visit: www.cidf.dk
The programme is for professional and newly educated dancers in the fields of professional contemporary dance and neo-classical ballet dance.
The 1-Year Post-Graduate Programme is for dancers with backgrounds such as:
- Dancers who recently finished their education and are looking for career guidance and solid audition preparation.
- Dancers with a professional dance education from outside the EU and wishing to investigate in and audition for the European companies and choreographers.
- Dancers with a ballet education who are wishing to specialize in contemporary dance in order to audition for neoclassical and contemporary companies.
Read more about the auditions and application process.
courses AND SUBJECTS
Personal Coaching & Career Management
Personal branding: SoMe, webpage etc
Filming of audition material
Composition focused on audition solo work
Performance Practice including work with choreographers and public performances
Repertoire & Partnering
Students are expected to bring their own training clothes (indoor and outdoor use), shoes (indoor and outdoor use), knee pads, and also nude and black underwear and nude and black socks.
Point shoes can be used in some balletclasses when it is aproved by the teachers. Pointshoes are not required to participate in any classes.
The school can recommends apps to download for a small fee for educational purpose.
AN EXAMPLE OF A TYPICAL SCHEDULE MONDAY – FRIDAY:
Individual work and studies
The daily working language as well as all correspondence is in English.
The school period is from 28th of August 2024 – 18th of June 2025.
To obtain the final diploma students must past the annual exams and pass the school year.
If absence exceeds 10% in any subject a diploma will not be issued.
The total education fee for the 1-Year Post-Graduate Programme 2024/25 is 60,000 DKK to be paid in three installments.
The first instalment of 20,000 DKK is due to be paid April 1st, 2024
The second instalment of 20,000 DKK is due to be paid June 1st, 2024
The third instalment of 20,000 DDK is to be paid November 1st, 2024
Not a holder of EU passport?
CCDS is an independent institution. Under Danish regulation only students applying for a state school are eligible for student visa, and therefore student visa unfortunately does not apply to CCDS-students. However, Denmark has special agreements to selected countries regarding visa for long-term stays in Denmark. Please go to www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB (“new in Denmark” – the official site for immigration to Denmark) to find information on what options applies to you depending on your home country. It is a very good idea to consult your local Danish embassy to help guide you.
Note that Visa application takes 2-3 months to process, and therefore we must have received your application to audition before the 1st of May in an audition period if you are a non-EU citizens.