3-year Diploma Programme
Auditions in Spring 2020 for entering 3-year Diploma Programme 2020-23:
– December 3rd 2019 in Copenhagen, DK
– January 8th 2020 in Copenhagen, DK
– February 9th 2020 in Mantova, IT (as part of Winter Dance 2020 – please contact organizers in Mantova)
– February 10th 2020 in Livorno, IT (as part of Livorno in Danza – please contact organizers in Livorno)
– March 3rd 2020 in Copenhagen, DK (apply now)
– April 4-5th 2020 in Bari, IT (as part of La Danza nel Cuore – please contact organizers in Bari)
– April 22nd 2020 in Copenhagen, DK (apply now)
We advise you to apply at least 3 weeks before the audition in Copenhagen as we need to watch your videos and application and let you know if you are invited for the audition. However, we do accept applications up to 5 days prior to the audition.
To attend auditions in Italy, please contact the organizers of the respective festival.
An unquestionable dedication to develop into dancers who wish to exceed and expand the international level and capability of contemporary dance. Sound technical versatility, a great personal drive, an open mind and a positive approach to possibilities and challenges are essential. Profound basic experience in contemporary dance and ballet alongside extremely high ambition and an exceptional talent for movement is required. It is emphasized that candidates has a strong appetite for developing their artistic reflection and body potential through working at a high physical level throughout the day.
To audition for the 3-year Diploma Programme is to audition for becoming part of an international ambitious team for 3 years. The first 2.5 year all the dancers support each other in developing their potential and skills to the fullest; through daily training, personal coaching and through performance periods. In the final semester, the dancers specialize through individual apprentice periods with choreographers and companies.
Candidates between 17 and 26 years of age may apply. Dispensation can be given in special cases.
Step 1: Applicants apply to participate in the audition by sending:
Application form (see link below) and insert a link to your online video (uploaded on fx youtube, vimeo or alike) of
• Presentation and motivation of why you wish to educate at CCDS 3-year Diploma Programme
• 5 minutes excerpt of contemporary class
• 5 minutes excerpt of classical ballet
• 2 minutes of improvisation
• 1 minute solo
Step 2: We will evaluate your material and inform you by email if you are invited to participate in the audition as soon as possible.
Step 3: If you are invited to participate in the audition, the audition lasts for 1 day. The audition consists of contemporary dance, ballet, improvisation, performance practice, solo and interview. Each applicant must prepare a one-minute solo without music. Applicants might be asked to participate in an interview. Please prepare for the interview by reflecting upon the following questions:
• Where are you in your dance career right now?
• What goals do you have for your dance career, both short term and long term?
• What are your strong mental qualities?
• How do you contribute with an open and positive mindset?
• How do your describe your working mentality?
Step 4: Applicants will be notified of their admission or non-admission to the course shortly after the audition and latest two weeks after.
Should you be accepted to join the programme, please accept your place by paying the first instalment of the course fee within 2 weeks.
You are requested to wear tight fitting clothes throughout the audition. Jewellery and wrist watches are not allowed and hair must be worn tied back, leaving the face and neck clear.
If the application form cannot be uploaded you are welcome to send your application in an ordinary email to email@example.com.
Remember that all fields are mandatory.
By sending an application you agree that Copenhagen Contemporary Dance School may keep this information. Copenhagen Contemporary Dance School only asks for necessary information and only keeps it temporarily.
If you are invited to participate in the audition, audition fee is to be payed 7 days before the audition to secure your place. The audition fee is non-refundable.
Account number: 0717838408
IBAN Code: DK9220000717838408
SWIFT Code: NDEADKKK
The adress of the bank is :
Remember to write your full name and address on the payment slip.
When you transfer money from outside Denmark, please allow up to a week’s time and make sure to accept all transfer charges.